Recipe by TGirl,RN
You can have this light, tasty dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes-just buy a deli chicken on your way home from work, or use leftovers from Sunday's roast. The only cooking you'd have to do is the asparagus, which takes only 2 or 3 minutes! This is great for a hot summer's night, when you don't want to heat up your whole kitchen making a great dinner!
Top Review by JKSaenz
Great salad! I made this with iceburg lettuce and fresh spinach as my greens and added a little feta cheese. If you like a little sweeter salad, I think dried cranberries would be good too.
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup diced apple
- 2 cups salad greens (your favorite blend)
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in small amount of water until crisp-tender (cooking time will depend on thickness of asparagus;thin stalks 2-3 minutes, thicker stalks 3-4 minutes).
- Drain and cool asparagus and set aside.
- In salad bowl, combine vinegar, oil, honey, parsley, salt, and pepper, mixing well.
- Add chicken, apple, and asparagus, tossing to coat.
- Serve over lettuce/salad greens, garnishing with alfalfa sprouts if desired.