Claudia Dawn's Note:
We love fresh asparagus. Combined with chicken, this is a terrific main dish that can be made the day before and popped into the oven after work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and washed
- 1/8 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon leaves thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups white onions, sliced 1/4 thick
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large tomato, sliced 1/2 thick
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1Season pounded chicken breasts lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 2Place 2-3 asparagus spears on each chicken breast half.
- 3Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Combine flour, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp thyme and paprika.
- 6Roll chicken in flour mixture.
- 7Place onions and diced tomatoes on bottom of 13x9” pan, reserving 8 slices of onion for top.
- 8Place chicken breasts over vegetables; top with reserved onion and tomato slices.
- 9Combine broth with remaining salt and thyme; pour around chicken.
- 10Cover pan loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken/asparagus Roll-ups
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 1068.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 60.1 g