Recipe by Claudia Dawn
We love fresh asparagus. Combined with chicken, this is a terrific main dish that can be made the day before and popped into the oven after work.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and washed
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon leaves thyme, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups white onions, sliced 1/4 thick
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2 thick
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pounded chicken breasts lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place 2-3 asparagus spears on each chicken breast half.
- Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp thyme and paprika.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture.
- Place onions and diced tomatoes on bottom of 13x9” pan, reserving 8 slices of onion for top.
- Place chicken breasts over vegetables; top with reserved onion and tomato slices.
- Combine broth with remaining salt and thyme; pour around chicken.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until tender, about 10-15 minutes.