Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A recipe from my entertaining favorites folder. These are so easy to make, just stuff the pastry, roll and bake. I could probably eat all of the puffs myself they are just that delicious. Perfect for entertaining or just for a weekend snack. The filling can be made in advance. You will just love these!
Top Review by bezbrizan
I loved this as a party food. It came together easily. I have made them twice now and very much enjoy them, as did my guests I need to be careful next time to ensure that the chiken mix is not too dry and adjust the mayonnaise a little. I guess my breasts were bigger the second time I made these because they were a little dry. The first time I made them they were perfect!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) package puff pastry
- 1 (12 ounce) can asparagus, very well drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend together the cooked chicken, mayonnaise, garlic, curry and seasoned salt until smooth, then season with black pepper to taste (this can be prepared in advance and refrigerated).
- Roll out puff pastry into a rectangle shape (10x14-in).
- Then lengthwise into three even strips of pastry.
- Spread chicken mixture along one side of each strip of pastry.
- Place asparagus spears lengthwise beside chicken mixture.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg.
- Roll pastry over to close completely.
- Brush top with egg.
- Cut rolls diagonally into 1-inch slices with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.