Recipe by BethR
From Sparkpeople recipes. This is a light dish easy to prepare
Top Review by chris_tam
My husband and I really enjoyed this low fat dish. I did have to add some more seasonings though tasted too bland without it. I will make this again using garlic powder, salt, pepper and Tony's Cajun seasoning.
- 3 cups extra wide whole wheat pasta
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized cubes and place in skillet with olive oil.
- Cook until partially done.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms, continue cooking until chicken is done.
- Add chicken broth and cover pan, cook until asparagus is crisp tender.
- Add pasta, red pepper flakes (to taste) and feta cheese.