Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is based on one online from the Oregon Fryer Commission, submitted by Michael Butowitsch in Grants Pass, Oregon.
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup diced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced into 1/8 inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, fibrous ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Immerse the sun-dried tomato in the boiling water to reconstitute them; set aside.
- Cook the linguini according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a sauté pan over medium heat melt the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cook the shallots until theyre soft, then add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken tenders and cook for 4 minutes.
- While tenders are cooking, remove reconstituted tomatoes from water, reserving the liquid, and chop the tomatoes.
- Turn the meat over and add the chopped tomatoes, reserved liquid, remaining butter, the thyme, rosemary, pepper flakes, lemon zest and slices, and the asparagus; stir to coat and sauté all for 7 minutes or until asparagus is to preferred texture.
- When the pasta is done, drain it then pour it onto a serving platter; arrange the sautéed chicken pieces around the edges and pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with basil, pine nuts, and Parmesan and serve.