Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is based on one online from the Oregon Fryer Commission, submitted by Michael Butowitsch in Grants Pass, Oregon.
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup diced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced into 1/8 inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, fibrous ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Immerse the sun-dried tomato in the boiling water to reconstitute them; set aside.
- Cook the linguini according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a sauté pan over medium heat melt the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cook the shallots until theyre soft, then add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken tenders and cook for 4 minutes.
- While tenders are cooking, remove reconstituted tomatoes from water, reserving the liquid, and chop the tomatoes.
- Turn the meat over and add the chopped tomatoes, reserved liquid, remaining butter, the thyme, rosemary, pepper flakes, lemon zest and slices, and the asparagus; stir to coat and sauté all for 7 minutes or until asparagus is to preferred texture.
- When the pasta is done, drain it then pour it onto a serving platter; arrange the sautéed chicken pieces around the edges and pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with basil, pine nuts, and Parmesan and serve.