Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 3 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (3/4 cup)
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Lightly pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Heal oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with pepper.
- Cook until fork tender and juices run clear, turning once.
- Spread chicken breasts with mustard.
- Top each with 2 tomato slices.
- Divide asparagus spears and place on tomato slices; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts.
- (Approximately 5 minutes).
- Serve with rice.
Very good! My beyond picky eater husband actually ate it and asked me to save the recipe. I did not have tomatoes (which might be why he ate it) and used fresh asparagus steamed in the micro . And I used Queso Fresco, but it was delish. Thanks for posting!