Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great dinner my husband loves and you can use any vegetable that you like. I use broccoli or mixed vegetables and my kids love it! The secret is to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top after its cooked.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen asparagus spears, partially thawed
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- In a skillet, place butter and oil and heat on medium.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, turning
- Remove and set aside.
- To drippings in same skillet, add asparagus, mushrooms and onions.
- Cook stirring constantly about 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add wine, salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Arrange chicken on a platter.
- Spoon vegetable sauce over sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese to your liking.
the onion did not add a very nice flavor but if the chicken is baked with some bacon, and cheese on top the recipe is still good.