Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my Aunts recipes from her famous Danish lunch.
- 1 -1600 g whole chicken
- 1 liter water
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 3 cloves, whole
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, coarse
- 2 (8 ounce) cans white asparagus, canned, sliced
- 60 g butter
- 60 g flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 25 watercress, for decoration
- Rinse the chicken inside and outside.
- Bring chicken and water to a boil in a large stockpot.
- Remove foam, and add onions, carrots, leeks, cloves, bay leaf and 1 teaspoons coarse salt.
- Boil soup gently for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables.
- Place soup though a sieve, remove fat. There should be about 2-1/2 cups of broth.
- Cool chicken, then rip with a fork the chicken meat into shreds.
- Pour the liquid from the canned asparaus, save the liquid about 2 cups.
- To make sauce: Melt butter add flour, boil up but careful not to brown, stirring for about 2 minutes; add the liquid from the canned asparagus and boil up the sauce, add chicken stock, enough to make the sauce.
- Add chicken meat, asparagus. Taste with salt and white pepper, heat through and gently stir the chicken and asparagus.
- Heat the tartelettes gently in the oven, just to heat through and crips.
- Pour 1/3 cup chicken-Asparagus sauce into each Tartelette, then decorate with a bit of watercress on top. Serve.