Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
This lasagna is outrageously delicious! If you prefer more sauce, use 3 packages of Knorr's hollandaise sauce mix. The basil and oregano may be adjusted to suit taste. This lasagna will really fill a 13x9 baking dish very high. I have even used canned sliced mushrooms (about 3-4 cans, very well drained), but I have to say that the fresh is much better. You will really love this dish!
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups prepared knorr's hollandaise sauce (2 packages will be about 3 cups prepared)
- 8 -10 lasagna noodles, cooked to firm-tender, and drained
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- 3 -4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cooked until JUST firm-tender (do not overcook, as the asparagus will cook more in the oven)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onions in butter until the mushrooms release their moisture and the onions are soft (not brown).
- Spread a small amount of prepared Hollandaise sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a layer of cooked lasagna noodles evenly over the sauce.
- Cover the noodles with the chicken or turkey.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then top with HALF of the mushroom/onion mixture.
- Then HALF of the remaining Hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with HALF of the basil and oregano.
- Top the spices with HALF of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Then top the cheeses with ALL of the asparagus.
- Repeat the layers (omitting a layer of asparagus), ending with the cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let stand about 10-15 (or more) minutes before slicing.