Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This lasagna is outrageously delicious! If you prefer more sauce, use 3 packages of Knorr's hollandaise sauce mix. The basil and oregano may be adjusted to suit taste. This lasagna will really fill a 13x9 baking dish very high. I have even used canned sliced mushrooms (about 3-4 cans, very well drained), but I have to say that the fresh is much better. You will really love this dish!
Top Review by aratluap
I've been making this recipe for years but always used asparagus from a bottle and it's always been beyond fantastic! I just tried it with fresh asparagus and it's even better. The way the flavours come together in this dish is amazing and every time I've made it for groups they've raved about it and want the recipe.
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups prepared knorr's hollandaise sauce (2 packages will be about 3 cups prepared)
- 8 -10 lasagna noodles, cooked to firm-tender, and drained
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- 3 -4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cooked until JUST firm-tender (do not overcook, as the asparagus will cook more in the oven)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onions in butter until the mushrooms release their moisture and the onions are soft (not brown).
- Spread a small amount of prepared Hollandaise sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a layer of cooked lasagna noodles evenly over the sauce.
- Cover the noodles with the chicken or turkey.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then top with HALF of the mushroom/onion mixture.
- Then HALF of the remaining Hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with HALF of the basil and oregano.
- Top the spices with HALF of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Then top the cheeses with ALL of the asparagus.
- Repeat the layers (omitting a layer of asparagus), ending with the cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let stand about 10-15 (or more) minutes before slicing.