Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked corkscrew macaroni, about 2 1/2 cups uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups turkey, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut asparagus, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- In 2-quart casserole mix soup, milk, onion powder and pepper.
- Stir in macaroni,chicken, asparagus and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over chicken mixture.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Tip: For 1 1/2 cups cooked cut asparagus, cook 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 package (about 9 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts.
This is really tasty and very easy to put together. I use whole-wheat pasta, and I generally save all the cheese for the top of it. I love having another use for asparagus in the summer.