Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for dinner after looking at several similar recipes. It was a hit with the whole family, even the resident food snob (casserole???) Nice & easy, ooey gooey casserole that reminds me of the 70's, lol. Serve this with noodles/pasta or rice.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces & blanched
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute chicken; season with pepper.
- Combine chicken & asparagus in greased 2QT casserole dish. Mix soup, mayo, sour cream & curry powder. Pour over chicken/asparagus mixture & stir to combine.
- Cover & bake until heated through & bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove cover, top with cheese & turn on the broiler for about 5 minutes until melted & browned.
Very tasty! I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I halved the mayo and sour cream. Then I mixed around 1/2 a cup of panko bread crumbs into a "mexican cheese" shreded cheese mix at the end for the topping. We loved it.
This was excellent The only thing different I did was used canned asparagus and cream of mushroom soup and cooked chicken thighs. Perfect. Thanks
Totally loved this! read the other reviews, so I halved the mayo and cream, but there was still WAY too much gravy. Next time I will halve the soup too. (or double the chicken)
I checked and in Australia our soup can is bigger then the US. Also, "2 breasts" could be any size :)
For the record, I used 540gr chicken tenderloins, and 250gr asparagus, and asparagus soup.
(asparagus was $3 a bunch, and I got 2 bunches)
I liked this so much I want to be able to make it the same next time :)
Thanks Beth. Made for Aussie swap May 2011