Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup red bell peppers or 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup (10 3/4 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, , divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, , chopped
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped asparagus, , , thawed and drained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease 13 X 9-inch casserole; set aside.
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix soup, eggs, ricotta cheese and 1 cup Cheddar cheese in large bowl until well blended.
- Add onion mixture, chicken, asparagus and noodles; mix well.
- Season with pepper, if desired.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared casserole.
- Top with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set and cheese is bubbly.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as desired.
- Notes:*Or, substitute 1/2 pound fresh asparagus cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil over high heat in large saucepan.
- Add fresh asparagus.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
This was very good - we used some leftover smoked turkey instead of the chicken, and added a little cayenne. Enjoyed by all. Thanks for posting!
Tasty recipe. I needed cook up some asparagus and instead of ricotta, I used up some cottage cheese. I increased the chicken & garlic but only used 1 egg so I found I need to added a few Tbsp of yogurt and found it was a good consistency for us. I also cut the cheddar cheese & egg noodles back abit and added finely chopped jalapeno. I agree with the others that, even though the soup is normally quite salty, I needed to a shake or two of seasoning salt with the black pepper. Quick, easy & tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
I thought this was pretty good. zi did add about a cup of milk and it could definitely use some salt.