Recipe by Lorianne1
This is one of my favorite recipes. It is very easy to make yet, it looks very elegant and impressive. I made this for my parents last year for mother's day and they thought I had turned into a gourmet cook.
- 16 -20 asparagus spears (approx 1 pound)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 4 rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus for 3-4 minutes until barely crisp-tender.
- Place chicken breasts between plastic wrap, and gently pound to 1/4 inch thickness (I have the butcher do this part for me to save time).
- Place 4 or 5 asparagus spears horizontally across each piece of chicken; roll up to enclose asparagus and secure with red pepper ring.
- Place chicken, seam-side down, in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Brush chicken lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in 375F oven for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.