Recipe by A Strom
I saw a similar recipe on here but tweaked it so much, I decided to post my version. This can be a vegetarian dish without the chicken in it.
Top Review by Koriander
This is a great, flavorful receipe that we'll make again. Have never used Gouda cheese and we really liked the combination of flavors. I would have given it 5 stars but the instructions were incomplete and did not include what to do with the milk and sour cream. Common sense tells me they should have been added to the soup mixture, but I followed the instructions and only after the casserole was assembled, did I realize that those ingredients were missing. Please confirm what should be done with these two items.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed & sauted in
- garlic butter
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped & steamed until slightly tender
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped & steamed until slightly tender
- 4 cups cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces of shredded smoked gouda cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Saute onions til glassy. Add soup and stir well. Add cheese and mix til melted. Remove from heat.
- In a lightly greased 13 x 9 glass dish spread rice evenly over bottom of dish.
- Spread asparagus and broccoli over rice layer.
- Pour 1/3 of cheese sauce over asparagus and broccoli and spread evenly.
- Spread chicken on top of cheese sauce and top with remaining sauce.
- If desired, sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min or until hot & bubbly.