Recipe by k_sheep
I learnt this basic recipe from my Mum and have modified it through time. A very rich main dish to impress your friends! Chicken can be substituted for seafood (I use prawns and scallops) for a change.
- 750 g chicken breasts, diced
- 200 g bacon, diced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 375 g asparagus, cuts and tips
- 375 g chicken soup
- 250 ml of thickened light cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breast, set aside.
- Add margarine, garlic, onion, and bacon to a hot frypan. Fry until bacon is cooked.
- Add mushrooms, fry for about 2 minutes until partially cooked.
- Add tin of soup and cream, stir and reduce heat. Add cooked chicken and asparagus (hint: if someone doesn't like asparagus, try mashing it up -- they won't even know it's there :) ). Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.