Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a super yummy pleaser for everyone that is from the Maggiano's restaurant collection
Make and share this Chicken Asiago Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup celery, bias cut
- 2 cups carrots, half-moon cut
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 gallon chicken broth
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mini-shell pasta, cooked
- fresh spinach leaves, cut into small pieces (to taste)
- additional asiago cheese (to garnish, to taste)
- In large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until light brown. Lower heat and add celery, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are tender. Add rosemary and cook briefly.
- Add broth and cooked chicken. Stir in Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately or cool in refrigerator.
- To serve: Portion pasta, spinach and cheese for garnish into bottom of individual serving dishes. Top with hot soup.
Yummy soup with a lovely aroma. I used green pepper instead of celery (personal preference) and multigrain pasta. Thank you for a tasty soup recipe!
ButterflyVioletta -- This is an amazing soup! I made this for my daughter when she was under the weather...she then made a miraculous recovery...and it is now her Number 1 favorite soup! I served it with toasted asiago cheese bread, sprinkled with garlic salt to sop up the awesome broth. Thanks for sharing! JustJan