- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices prosciutto ham (sliced thin)
- 2 pieces asiago cheese, about 1 inch square and 2 inches long
- nonstick cooking spray
- pasta sauce, heated
- asiago cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg with just enough water to thin it a little. Set aside.
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl, and stir in dried basil. Set aside.
- Place 1 chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until about 1/4 inch thick, being careful not to pound holes in chicken; repeat with 2nd breast.
- Remove plastic wrap and place 1 slice of ham on each breast.
- Place one piece of cheese on the narrow end of each breast. Roll breast up jelly-roll fashion, and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Dip breast in egg mixture and coat all sides. Roll in bread crumbs until well coated. Repeat with 2nd breast.
- Place in baking dish and LIGHTLY spray with cooking spray (or an oil mister). This will help coating brown.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and place on plates. Top with some heated pasta sauce and some shredded cheese to garnish; serve.