Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nothing like chicken soaked in red sauce over potatoes!!! This is a major comfort food for me. I serve this over-top of potatoes and I am in heaven!!
- 3 lbs whole chickens
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with sauce
- 1⁄2 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Place chicken in a large pot.
- add all ingredients
- bring to boil cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender.
- serve over top of potatoes or rice.
- Note: For Gluten free use gluten free soy sauce and gluten free tomatoes.
OMG this is an AWESOME recipe. Easy and fast. Just five ingredients thrown in a pot and TADA your done. Great tasting and I served over mashed potatoes one night and when I made it again I served it over rice. Thanks for posting Naomi!
DH told me to rate this with four stars. The smell was so good, I'd have sold my grandma to try it, but unfortunately can't eat tomatoes and soy sauce! It' a very easy to make comfort food and will be a keeper. Thanks for posting!
Made for PAC spring 2011.
This chicken rocks! My kids love to eat this. Even re-heats very well!