Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe on a blog called The Quick & The Hungry and it sounds delicious and easy... haven't tried it yet but I will tomorrow night!
- 6 chicken pieces (dark meat is best)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup lemon juice or 1 cup lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place all ingredients in deep sided electric/regular skillet.
- Cover with a lid, and cook over medium low-medium heat for about 2 ½ hours until it reduces to a thick sauce, about the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
- Stir periodically. If it's not thickening and dinner's around the corner, just remove the lid and simmer until it thickens.
- Serve over rice.