Recipe by SweetySJD
Another recipe from Light & Tasty. This one is so easy and delicious and healthy! It would be very good for low-carbers too. I have made this with different kinds of olives, and just green olives when I didn't have any others. It's good any way!
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Very good! I needed to use up a red onion and red/yellow peppers, so I sauteed them with the chicken (cut in bite size pieces). That made it very colorful and the ratio of veggies to meat higher. I served it with herbed naan bread from Trader Joe's and a salad of romaine, pomegranate seeds, cucumbers, and feta. A splash of red pepper flakes added a zing to this dish, and next time I'll cook some minced garlic with the chicken. Overall, it was a fresh tasting, flavorful, healthy and quick dish!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup Greek olive, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Combine the broth, artichoke hearts, olives, oregano and lemon juice; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.