Nummy adult sandwich from B H & G.
Make and share this Chicken - Artichoke Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices Italian bread, about one-third of a 1 lb. loaf (1/2 inch bias slices)
- 1⁄3 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 12 ounces cooked chicken or 12 ounces turkey, cut into bite size strips, about 2 1/4 cups
- 4 -6 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spread pesto on one side of each bread slice.
- Top slices with prosciutto, artichoke slices, red pepper strips, and chicken strips.
- Place sandwiches on a large foil lined cookie sheet.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake about 8 minutes or till nearly heated through.
- Uncover sandwiches and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 4 to 5 minutes more or till cheese melts.
I can't say enough about this sandwich! We had them last night and this is going to be a new staple for party appetizers! Cut in quarters, it will wow out company! The next incarnation we will try is substituting grilled portobellas for the chicken. Mmmmmmmm!
Scrumptious sandwich! It's the very best I've ever eaten, and my guests agreed with me. My husband prompted me to make this sandwich with two pieces of bread, since open face sandwiches are not his thing. So I layered the ingredients, minus the prosciutto, between 1/4" slices of wide Italian bread and slowly sauteed the sandwiches in some olive oil on my large griddle until everything was hot and the bread was light brown and crispy...sort of like a paninni. Personally, I think that's the way to go with this amazing sandwich that has me dreaming of when I can make another one! Derf, you and this sandwich will be in my cookbook forever.
This is a sandwich to end all sandwiches- Wonderful appearance and taste. The only problem is you want MORE. Thanks Derf for a great taste sensation