Recipe by Derf
Nummy adult sandwich from B H & G.
Top Review by aemilehi
I can't say enough about this sandwich! We had them last night and this is going to be a new staple for party appetizers! Cut in quarters, it will wow out company! The next incarnation we will try is substituting grilled portobellas for the chicken. Mmmmmmmm!
- 6 slices Italian bread, about one-third of a 1 lb. loaf (1/2 inch bias slices)
- 1⁄3 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 12 ounces cooked chicken or 12 ounces turkey, cut into bite size strips, about 2 1/4 cups
- 4 -6 ounces shredded provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spread pesto on one side of each bread slice.
- Top slices with prosciutto, artichoke slices, red pepper strips, and chicken strips.
- Place sandwiches on a large foil lined cookie sheet.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake about 8 minutes or till nearly heated through.
- Uncover sandwiches and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 4 to 5 minutes more or till cheese melts.