Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a different but truly delicious chicken salad. This really goes over well for luncheons or brunch or a warm summer afternoon.
- 1 package chicken rice pilaf mix (prepared according to package directions, cooled)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (drained & chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped black olives
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (green part only)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- salt and black pepper
- lemon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- Combine artichoke heart, mushroom, olive, onion& bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoned salt and add into artichoke mixture.
- Blend well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper& lemon pepper.
- Add chicken& rice.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
Great light meal, Cher! The hardest part is waiting for the salad to chill so you can dig in. I used fake non-fat mayo and only half the olive oil and it was still rich and delish. Thanks for sharing the recipe.