Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this for the June, 2002, "Ready, Set, Cook" challenge.
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, cooked and quartered
- 2 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and thinly sliced
- romaine lettuce
- Put the artichoke hearts and mushrooms in a serving dish.
- In a separate small bowl, thoroughly mix the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the artichokes and mushrooms.
- Toss well and then leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the chicken (cooled) to the salad and toss well.
- Serve on a bed of chilled Romaine lettuce leaves.
Miller, this was a very refreshing salad to eat in the heatwave we've been experiencing! I did the chicken on my "George Foreman" grill. This was easy and quick and I managed to throw it together a half hour before I left for work! It made a wonderful "dinner salad" for me at work! Great recipe!
Miller, this was delicious! I added extra mushrooms (they're my favourite veggie) and made a wee bit more dressing (using the Dijon mustard along with LOTS of freshly ground black pepper) to compensate. I was glad I did and would likely make extra dressing next time as well. I wasn't sure if you meant for the parmesan and cilantro to be in the dressing, so I assumed so ... and it worked great. I also cheated and used the breast meat from a deli chicken, rather than cook my own. This salad was easy, tasty, and made for a yummy summer dinner. Great creation!