Recipe by Kim D.
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in August 2006. I haven't tried the recipe, but I hope to very soon. Here is what the original poster said about this recipe: "Nice version of chicken and rice. If you're like me, I love artichokes but don't know what to do with them. I really like them in this dish."
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend (plus ingredients to make rice according to package directions)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped (not marinated)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- Mix together rice mixture, bell pepper, artichokes, chicken and green onion and spoon into 9 x 9 square pan.
- In separate bowl, mix together gravy, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Pour gravy mixture over rice/chicken mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 350.