PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this on in the new version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was originally submitted by Cathy Dick of Roanoke, VA. She describes it as: "Here's a colorful, delicious chicken dish that's easy enough for weeknights, yet special enough for guest. Oregano, garlic and wine add great taste."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups uncooked ziti pasta or 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine (or additional chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Cook ziti (or fettucine) according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 tsp oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3In the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 5Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through.
- 6Combine the flour with broth and wine or additional brother until smooth; stir into the pan.
- 7Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Add the fresh parsley and reserved chicken.
- 9Drain ziti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Artichoke Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 514.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 36.4 g