Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on in the new version of the "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was originally submitted by Cathy Dick of Roanoke, VA. She describes it as: "Here's a colorful, delicious chicken dish that's easy enough for weeknights, yet special enough for guest. Oregano, garlic and wine add great taste."
- 2 1⁄4 cups uncooked ziti pasta or 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup white wine (or additional chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook ziti (or fettucine) according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 tsp oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through.
- Combine the flour with broth and wine or additional brother until smooth; stir into the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the fresh parsley and reserved chicken.
- Drain ziti; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.