After MERPing this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-lasagna-357970 I have decided to upload my changes here.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 handfuls fresh sweet basil, torn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (200 g) jar artichoke hearts
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt the tablespoon of butter in a large frypan, then add the chicken and garlic, cook on medium low while preparing the sauce below.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in medium saucepan on medium low. Once butter has melted, add the flour and salt, a little at a time, while constantly stirring, then add chicken broth & wine. Stir frequently until it thickens and then pour it into the frypan, adding the artichokes and turning off the heat at this point.
- Mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and egg together.
- Place 2 lasagne noodles into a greased 9x13 baking dish then 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top of those. Top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture and then 2 more noodles. Repeat layers ending with the last quarter of the chicken mixture. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 220°C for 30 minutes.
I made this exactly as written and it was very good. I think it would have been good with 2 or 3 times more artichokes. Also, there was a lot more sauce than was actually needed. My husband took the sauce/chicken/artichoke mixture that was left and ate it like a stew. This lasagna came out a little sloppy, but the taste was great. Thanks for a great dinner Satyne. Made for PHOTO TAG FALL 2013.