Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonder summer recipe.
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package chicken rice pilaf mix
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 large green pepper
- 8 green olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, chopped
- Cook rice. Let stand until room temperature. Add chicken, onion, pepper, olives. Drain artichokes and save 1/2 of the liquid. Combine curry with mayonnaise and artichoke liquid. Add to rice-chill.
Just this week I came across a jar of marinated artichoke hearts I didn't use up over last Christmas! When I came upon your recipe, I knew I was going to have this salad soon. I found that using only one chicken breast was plenty. I didn't want to open a jar of olives for just a few so left them out. I used a lighter Mayonnaise and made my own pilaf the morning I made your recipe. This was delish! I can see making this with a cup of shrimp, or turkey instead of chicken and including thawed peas. This would be great to serve at a luncheon, or a take-to-work for lunch idea. Thanks!