Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An unusual take on the classic chicken and rice casserole. This dish combines the flavors of chicken artichoke dip with mushrooms sauteed in white wine, and fluffy white rice cooked in chicken stock. Serve with your favorite veggie side dish, and some crusty bread - or, toss in some chopped spinach for a complete, one-pan meal.
- 473.18 ml long grain white rice
- 828.06 ml water
- 14.79 ml chicken bouillon granules or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, packed in water, chopped
- 177.44 ml light mayonnaise
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 283.49 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 680.38-907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Prepare a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dissolve the chicken bouillon in the water. Cook the rice in the chicken stock on the stove, or in a rice cooker. When rice is finished cooking, spoon into the casserole dish in an even layer.
- In a medium skillet, saute the mushrooms in the olive oil. When mushrooms have softened, add the white wine, and continue to simmer for three to four minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and mushrooms (with the juices from the pan). Mix well.
- Salt and pepper the cubed chicken breasts to taste. Layer the chicken on top of the rice in the casserole dish.
- Spread the artichoke and mushroom mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese over the top, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, and the top becomes bubbly and golden brown.
This was great! I was looking for a recipe that had an artichoke dip-like sauce over chicken to serve with King's Hawaiian bread and this was perfect! I just omitted the rice and baked the sauce over three chicken breasts. Thanks for the keeper!
We liked it, I did however make a change. I didn't use the mushrooms or wine because I don't like shrooms and don't use wine. I also had partially frozen chicken so I sauted it first which I then added a 1/4 cup of chicken broth to account for the wine. I left out about 1/3 of the rice because I was afraid the rest would not fit in my pan if I didn't. I still think it need something more. The rice didn't have much of the topping flavor.