An unusual take on the classic chicken and rice casserole. This dish combines the flavors of chicken artichoke dip with mushrooms sauteed in white wine, and fluffy white rice cooked in chicken stock. Serve with your favorite veggie side dish, and some crusty bread - or, toss in some chopped spinach for a complete, one-pan meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, packed in water, chopped
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Dissolve the chicken bouillon in the water. Cook the rice in the chicken stock on the stove, or in a rice cooker. When rice is finished cooking, spoon into the casserole dish in an even layer.
- 3In a medium skillet, saute the mushrooms in the olive oil. When mushrooms have softened, add the white wine, and continue to simmer for three to four minutes.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the chopped artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and mushrooms (with the juices from the pan). Mix well.
- 5Salt and pepper the cubed chicken breasts to taste. Layer the chicken on top of the rice in the casserole dish.
- 6Spread the artichoke and mushroom mixture over the chicken.
- 7Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese over the top, if desired.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, and the top becomes bubbly and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Artichoke Dip Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 879.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 1274.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 55.7 g