Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained and cut in half
- 8 ounces of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 box orzo pasta (or any pasta)
- Poach chicken in chicken broth until tender.
- Reserving 3/4 cup of chicken broth for sauce.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and place artichoke hearts on chicken.
- In same skillet that you cooked chicken, melt 3 tbsp.
- butter and saute mushrooms until golden brown and tender.
- In saucepan, melt remaining butter.
- Slowly add flour, salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add chicken broth and half n half.
- Add cheese and sherry.
- Stir until completed blended.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Pour cooked mushrooms and chopped tomatoes over casserole.
- Bake 325 for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve over Orzo or any other cooked pasta.