Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so yummy and has such a nice "gravy" with it that I like to serve it with mashed potatoes to complete the meal. The chicken stays so nice and moist and tender!!
- 1 (3 lb) fryer, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, cut up
- 12 -15 ounces artichoke hearts (you can use either canned or jarred marinated hearts)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup chicken consomme or 2⁄3 cup chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- Salt, pepper and paprika the chicken pieces.
- Brown the chicken pieces in 4 tablespoons of butter and place in a greased casserole.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the frying pan and saute the mushrooms in it for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of flour over the mushrooms and stir in the consomme and sherry.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- While this cooks, arrange the artichoke hearts between the chicken pieces.
- Pour the mushroom sherry sauce over all.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- **Note:I have made this several times using just split chicken breast halves.
really good . im glad you posted this dee