Recipe by ToiCara
This recipe was given to me years ago, when I first married, and has remained a favorite of ours. It is very versatile and can be used for OAMC, too.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken and place in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Saute onion and garlic in skillet until onions are translucent.
- Add flour and salt, stirring until smooth.
- Add wine and broth gradually, and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add cream cheese, stirring until melted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Arrange drained artichokes aver chicken and pour the sauce from the skillet over the chicken and artichokes in the casserole dish.
- Refrigerate up to 24 hours or freeze at this point. If frozen, thaw and bring to room temp before cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over dish 5 minutes before done!