Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe that I made up, using whatever I had left over in the pantry and the freezer. It came out great, so I thought I would share it. For best results, use my pesto recipe: Ardolino-Style Homemade Pesto . Enjoy!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes (quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce (Use my pesto Ardolino-Style Homemade Pesto)
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and sliced julienne
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more if needed
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over HIGH heat and add salt.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally until barely tender, about 4 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- In a separate skillet, heat the olive oil on MEDIUM.
- Add the chicken and garlic and cook throughout (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, reserved cooking water, ginger, thyme, and pesto and cook 1-2 minutes more. Use my pesto recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/rz.193016.
- Toss all ingredients together with the pasta and cheese. Add more cheese is desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Easy and very tasty! Used Italian seasoning instead of thyme since I was out and I didn't measure but I probably used closer to 1/2 cup of cheese
Great recipe!! I followed everything expect I didnt use the tomatoes because I couldnt find them at the store and I used oregano instead of thyme, It was sooo delicious!!