This is a quick and easy dish that tastes wonderful and is not going to pack the pounds on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or half a bullion, dissolved)
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can of quartered artichokes, drained
- 0.5 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 -2 tomato, chopped into big pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper
- 1Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Spray a large skillet or pot with cooking spray and cook onions and garlic. (Add a little water <or oil if your diet allows> if they start to brown too much).
- 3Add the chicken pieces and cook until chicken is about done.
- 4Add the broth and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add artichokes, peppers, tomatoes and red peppers flakes and allow to simmer for about 5 more minutes. (Ensure there is still liquid - the sauce is delicious!).
- 6Add cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.
- 7Serve over couscous or noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Artichoke and Pepper Pleaser
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1009.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 21.0 g