1 hr 50 mins
This is a homey, comforting casserole that I thought was great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or 2 1/2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 cooked chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1Steam broccoli (I use Black& Decker vegetable steamer) until crisp-tender; drain under cold water and set aside.
- 2In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- 3Add in the mushrooms and stir/saute for 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- 4Transfer mushrooms using a slotted spoon to the container holding the broccoli (I put them all on a plate).
- 5Add remaining butter to skillet and let melt over medium heat.
- 6Add in flour and blend.
- 7Add in stock, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper; whisk for about 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 8Add in cheese and stir until smooth.
- 9Using a 4-quart casserole dish, layer half the chicken, half the vegetables; repeat layers.
- 10Pour sauce over the top.
- 11Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- 12Stir and top with parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Artichoke, and Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.5
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 587.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g