Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from a booklet from Bell's olives. Feel free to reduce the amount of oil used. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Wonderful, this was absolutely perfect. My orange juice was not sweetend, so along with the lime juice for marinating, the dish was more in the slightly fruity-tart side, which we loved. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for CQ 2014
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 lime, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted ripe olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken and lime juice and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add onion, pepper, olives and orange juice.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and pour the pan juices over it.
- Top with almonds.