Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from a booklet from Bell's olives. Feel free to reduce the amount of oil used. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 lime, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted ripe olives
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Combine chicken and lime juice and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add onion, pepper, olives and orange juice.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and pour the pan juices over it.
- Top with almonds.
Wonderful, this was absolutely perfect. My orange juice was not sweetend, so along with the lime juice for marinating, the dish was more in the slightly fruity-tart side, which we loved. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for CQ 2014
This smelled so good while it was cooking. DH really enjoyed this while I liked it did find it a little too sweet for my taste. The consistency of the sauce perfect not too thin or too thick, yep was defiantly spot on. Next time I will cut the olives in half as there were way too many of those. Thanks for the post.