Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe on Mealtime.org while looking for low fat recipes! Times are estimates.
- 1 (10 ounce) canpremium white chicken meat packed in water, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned apricots, in juice, drained and sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted pecans
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 whole fat free pita bread, sliced in half
- 4 cups fresh watercress
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, apricots, celery, pecans and green onions in a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, blend mayonnaise, mustard and curry powder.
- Add the curried mayonnaise to the chicken mixture; toss gently.
- Line pita halves with watercress.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture into each pita half.
- Repeat to fill other pitas.
- Serve immediately.