Recipe by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Served at the 1870 Wedgwood Inn in New Hope Boro, Pennsylvania, this simple chicken salad combines common ingredients in a less-than-common way, and with great results. If you happen to have some cooked chicken in your fridge (or perhaps a rotisserie chicken), you could probably save time by simply shredding that and using it instead of the freshly cooked diced chicken. NOTE: Cook time is chill time for the prepared salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups apples, diced (red or green)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; add the diced chicken and cook thoroughly; cool.
- In a big bowl, combine cooled chicken, apples, walnuts, and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, and rosemary. Fold the mayonnaise mixture into the chicken mixture.
- Serve over a red lettuce leaf.