Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a satisfying dish from the Washington Apple Commission. It's made with low-fat yogurt, honey and chicken breasts, to name a few ingredients. Recipe includes time to cook the chicken breasts.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups chopped apples (Washington Golden Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves or 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 large pita bread, pocked breads halved
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and honey in small bowl; set aside.
- Mix apples with lime juice in large bowl; add chicken, celery and peanuts.
- Fold yogurt mixture into apple mixture.
- To serve: place 1 lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with chicken mixture and serve.
I made this for my DS and he loved it, I did use only one very large Granny Smith apple, also I used chopped cashews in place of the peanuts, I used Greek yogurt and Hellman's mayo, I made this with chopped cooked deli chicken which was a mixture of dark and white meat, I also added in a green onion and freshly ground black pepper, this was so good, thank you for another winner Fluff!