Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We'll slowly train the kids to like fresh spinach with three leaves to each sandwich. I think the cucumber makes this sandwich refreshing.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- 15 fresh spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons salad dressing
- In medium bowl, combine chicken, apple and cucumber.
- Add mayonnaise, sugar, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each of 5 bread slices; place spinach leaves over chicken mixture.
- Spread remaining bread slices evenly with 3 tablespoons mayonnaise; place mayonnaise side down over spinach leaves.