Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delightful sandwich spread. You will like the apples and cashews. Prep time does not include cooking the chicken.
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, apple, cucumber and cashews.
- In another bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- NOTE: Should be prepared the day of the party because of the apples and mayonnaise.
I had some leftover cooked chicken and decided to make this spread up for sandwiches, wasnt quite 2 cups though so I just cut back slightly on a few ingredients. The added cashew flavour and crunch were delicious, thanks again Miss Annie for a super recipe!
Good sandwich for a light dinner with melons and fruit alongside. I added a small splash of balsamic in the dressing and a little finely chopped fresh ginger. Served it on lightly toasted country potato bread. Well worth doing again.
Very cool sandwich spread recipe. It had a slightly sweet flavor from the apples that went well with the saltiness of the cashews. I thought that was a great combination of flavors. Has a good crunchy texture too. Thanks Miss Annie. This is good for using left-over chicken which I always seem to have.