Recipe by Red Hook
Simple chicken salad with apples. Great in a sandwich with avocados! You could try adding pecans or walnuts, that would probably be awesome.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red apple, chopped very small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 -5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube and boil the chicken and let cool.
- Put apple, celery, onion, dijon, mayonnaise, juice of the half lemon, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir it around well.
- Cut/shred the cooled chicken and add to the bowl.
- Put on bread, in a tortilla, or just eat plain.