Recipe by Theatre Chick
My grandmother possessed the amazing ability to make entire meals out of random things she found in the kitchen. This salad is perfect during summer!
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 chicken breast tenders
- 2 red apples (any variety you prefer)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 valencia orange
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the onion, chop the garlic, and add it and the chicken to salted water. Boil until chicken is cooked.
- Cut the apples in to bite-sized pieces. The apple pieces should be larger than the chicken pieces.
- Cut the chicken in to cubes.Toss together in a large bowl with the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix the Miracle Whip with the juice of the orange. The mixture should be smooth and not lumpy. Add Miracle Whip and orange juice accordingly.
- Whisk in the cinnamon.
- The sugar is necessary only if the orange is not as sweet as you would like.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Top with raisins if desired.