Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Slightly sweet and very reminiscent of holiday feasts, these herby dog biscuits are sure to please.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup prepared chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 2 cups barley flour or 2 cups oat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 300°F Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Combine apple juice concentrate, chicken stock, applesauce and egg white in a large bowl, beating well.
- Mix in the flours, rolled oats, broth powder and herbs.
- Press evenly onto the cookie sheet.
- Score into bars with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the biscuits inside to harden overnight, then break up along the score lines.