Recipe by AZPARZYCH
From Wisconsin Potato Sensations cookbook. Perfect for Fall!
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
I decided to make this with sweet potatoes (yams). I really liked it but it was not well received by the family. Hubby said it was too sweet and would like it if it had 50/50 with white potatoes. I used leftover chicken from Recipe #234424 which worked perfectly. One thing that I didn't count on is the texture difference with sweet potatoes. The recipe calls for cooking them first. I used the microwave and they go from hard to super soft and moist. If I make it again with the yams I will just dice them and cook them with the hash. I may also try with white potatoes when we decide to add those back into our diet.
- 2 baking potatoes, cooked and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 firm red apple, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add onion, rosemary and poultry seasioning and cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, chicken, apples, salt and pepper; cook, stirring ad scraping up browned bits on botom with spatula until mixture is browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.