Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light. June 2003. Skip a step and used ground turkey!
Top Review by ES4VOLS1
This was tasty, but I didn't think the apple added much. I did add a little BBQ sauce for a little flavor which was great. This was a quick meal that I would make again but next time I'll skip the apple, it wasn't necessary!
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lb chicken breast, coarsely chopped (boneless, skinless)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut crosswise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick)
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and crumble.
- Add onion to drippings in pan, and saute 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Place chicken in a food processor; process until coarsely ground. Combine chicken, bacon, onion, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Divide chicken mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place apple slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side.
- Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place patties on bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 2 apple slices and top half of roll.