Cooking Light. June 2003. Skip a step and used ground turkey!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 lb chicken breast, coarsely chopped (boneless, skinless)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut crosswise into 8 (1/4-inch-thick)
- 4 (2 ounce) kaiser rolls
- 1Prepare grill.
- 2Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, and crumble.
- 3Add onion to drippings in pan, and saute 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- 4Place chicken in a food processor; process until coarsely ground. Combine chicken, bacon, onion, sage, salt, and pepper.
- 5Divide chicken mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- 6Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place apple slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side.
- 7Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place patties on bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with 2 apple slices and top half of roll.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Apple Bacon Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 768.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 30.8 g