Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
A savory fall recipe that is WW friendly serves 2 or a generous portion for one.
- 8 ounces yams
- 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cooked and diced
- 1 medium apple, I use gala variety
- cooking spray
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Pierce the skin of the yam a few times and cook in microwave oven on high for 3-4 minutes or until the yam is about 80% cooked. (You can sub a leftover baked yam for this step).
- Remove from microwave and peel off skin. Dice into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium to medium high heat and coat with some cooking spray (I use butter flavor). Add in the chicken and diced yams. Let it cook without tossing or stirring for about 3 minutes, then give it a stir or toss.
- Meanwhile, dice the apple leaving the skin on. Add these to the chicken and yams once they've been in the pan about 5 minutes. Add the seasonings.
- Continue to cook another 5 minutes or so stirring/tossing occasionally until the apple softens (hit it with more cooking spray if needed).
Pretty good recipe. Flavors went nice together.
This was wonderfully autumnally yummy! I served this over toasted english muffins with hollandaise. So good! I added some sage and rosemary as well to really give it some flavor, but its a wonderful unique brunch dish.
I made this recipe a while back, and it was very good. I added some pineapple juice during the cooking process and it gave it a nice undercurrent of a zing!