A savory fall recipe that is WW friendly serves 2 or a generous portion for one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce the skin of the yam a few times and cook in microwave oven on high for 3-4 minutes or until the yam is about 80% cooked. (You can sub a leftover baked yam for this step).
- 2Remove from microwave and peel off skin. Dice into bite sized pieces.
- 3Heat a nonstick pan over medium to medium high heat and coat with some cooking spray (I use butter flavor). Add in the chicken and diced yams. Let it cook without tossing or stirring for about 3 minutes, then give it a stir or toss.
- 4Meanwhile, dice the apple leaving the skin on. Add these to the chicken and yams once they've been in the pan about 5 minutes. Add the seasonings.
- 5Continue to cook another 5 minutes or so stirring/tossing occasionally until the apple softens (hit it with more cooking spray if needed).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Apple, and Yam Hash
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 32.2 g