Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a church cookbook called Heavenly Dishes. This chicken is really good!
- 2 -3 lbs skinless chicken pieces, small
- 8 -10 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 -5 potatoes, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 carrots, cut in bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup wine, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- flour, plus
- salt, plus
- pepper, combined
- In large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan.
- Dip chicken pieces in 1/2 c wine and coat with flour mixture.
- Brown in bacon drippings and set aside with bacon.
- Saute vegetables in bacon drippings for 10 minutes (pan may be covered).
- Pour bacon, chicken and vegetables into baking dish and remaining 1/2 c wine and chicken broth.
- Bake in 325 oven for 50-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.