Recipe by foodart
This is an old restaurant recipe.
Top Review by wletcetc
This is indeed restaurant quality! Super easy and super quick! I used black beans with garlic. Would have put more garlic in except I was serving it to lots of people but I will for next time! I am not sure what size of zucchini they use to require SIX....I only used 3 medium zucchini for quadruple the recipe and it was plenty!
- 1 lb chicken thigh, chuck
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lee kum kee black bean paste
- 1 teaspoon lee kum kee chili garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 zucchini
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl add in the chicken, black bean, chili garlic, soy sauce, sugar, salt, wine, oil and cornstarch and mix well and set aside to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Trim of each end of the zucchinis and slice in half and slice the half lengthwise at a 45º and repeat this until done.
- Slice the onion and pepper into wedges and set aside with the zucchinis.
- Heat up a wok and lightly coat with oil and when the oil is smoking add in the chicken mixture and stir fry until the chicken is halfway done add in the zucchinis and combine together and add in the water and bring to a boil and when the sauce start to thicken add in the onion and pepper and mix well and turn off the heat and serve.